SERRC is the largest provider of contracted special education related services in Alaska. From determining eligibility and working one-on-one with students to assisting with compliance reporting, SERRC’s staff of certified therapists, education specialists, and administrative professionals offer essential special education services.
Inquire about availability or learn more about services.
Highly qualified, experienced professionals who know Alaska
SERRC's itinerant teachers and therapists have decades of experience working in Alaska’s unique communities. All School Psychologists, Speech-Language Therapists, Physical and Occupational Therapists, and Special Education Teachers on staff are fully certificated through the Alaska Department of Education, and trained extensively in Alaska special education law and culturally responsive practices.
Outstanding related services
When your staff and students work with SERRC's related-service providers, you can expect:
- Highly-trained and professional services
- Proficiency in all industry-standard assessment tools
- Individualized care and attention in monitoring of student programs
- Clear, concise training of paraprofessional staff in student program implementation
- High-quality student reports provided in a timely and secure manner
- FERPA compliance in all communication
- Clear, professional recommendations in regards to student eligibility
SERRC’s experienced Teachers of Record and Special Education Coordinators work alongside district staff to support robust special education programs:
- Preparation and facilitation of ESER and IEP meetings
- Assistance in matters of compliance with state and federal regulations
- Assistance with program implementation
- Provision of staff development and training
- Help with pre-compliance monitoring
- Post-compliance training and assistance
- Mentoring and training of new and/or inexperienced teaching staff
- Administration of standardized assessments
Flexible, customizable options for service delivery
All services can be provided in person, from a distance, or via a hybrid combination of both.
Extensive professional learning opportunities
SERRC is constantly developing new in-person, online and/or asynchronous training offerings designed to support the unique and ever-changing needs of Alaska’s school districts.
Flexible contract options and cost-sharing available
SERRC will work diligently with Superintendents and Special Education Directors to minimize costs and customize contract options to accommodate their specific needs and resources. SERRC is also able to work with neighboring school districts to coordinate services and split costs.
Work with us!
Most American educators drive to work or maybe take a bus to their schools. Here in Alaska, things are different.
To deliver special education related services to rural Alaska, SERRC’s special education team travels the state by air (jet, float and prop planes), boat, snow machine — even dog sled — to provide the children of Alaska with the best possible programs and services.
Learn more about careers with SERRC