“I am thankful that our district uses TechOps. They are dedicated professionals who are cost effective, efficient and just plain enjoyable to work with.” – Eric Hart, Gustavus School Technology Coordinator
Last year TechOps managed 32 physical servers and 43 virtual servers for 27 schools. The TechOps Network Services Management service gives small schools the IT department they need. TechOps acts as an extension of your IT department, or as your IT department. Our staff, affectionately known as the “nerd herd” are experts in managing the full range of technology needed in modern Alaskan schools, including:
- Computer and iPad configuration, imaging, and management;
- Physical and virtual servers, all operating systems;
- Wired and wireless network systems;
- Hosted collocated server management.
As the IT department for a variety of Alaskan school districts, we’re exposed to and have the opportunity to learn how to setup and manage servers for a variety of educational needs:
- Information Management: Powerschool, SchoolMaster, Destiny, Alexandria, Navigator.
- Curriculum and Assessment: Compass, NWEA MAP, Scholastic Reading Inventory, Read 180, RenPlace, Acellus, Rosetta Stone, Ultrakey.
- Web Services: Moodle, WordPress, Drupal.
- Device and Application Management: Profile Manager, Apple Configurator, DeployStudio, RemoteDesktop.
- Software Update Services: Windows SUS, Apple SUS, Munki.
- Network/Server Core: Open Directory, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, NetBoot, MDM, File/Print.
- Network/Server General: NFS, iSCSI, NTP, SQL, ASUS, WSUS, RADIUS, APCUPSD, Zabbix, LTSP, IPMI.
- Building & Facility: Talkmaster, Bell Commander, Doors.NET, Helix Lockdown, SchoolAlert.
- Virtualization: Terminal Services, XenServer, VMWare,, AirPrint, AirPlay, Aruba Wireless,
- Backups: BackupExec, Bacula, Time Machine.
- Wired & Wireless Network: Cisco, Aruba.