Services for Special Needs Students
“SERRC has been supportive and sensitive to our needs. Their response time is very quick. I have been impressed with their level of service, but more importantly, with the level of professionals they send out to the field to serve our children.” – Julie Gregory, Iditarod Special Education Director
SERRC is the largest provider of contractual special education services in Alaska. From determining eligibility and working one-on-one with students to assisting with compliance reporting, SERRC’s staff of certified therapists, education specialists, and administrative professionals offer essential special education services.
- Highly qualified professionals: who know how to successfully work in Alaska’s unique communities (Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Speech Language Pathologists, and School Psychologists)
- Itinerant-related special education services consistent with school and/or district goals
- More flexible, effective and efficient use of staff and other resources
- Schools can share the full cost of an expensive placement
- Training and support for secondary transition
- Administrative services, without the addition of extra duties to a principal or hiring a special education administrator
- Legal and technical expertise
- Professional development for teachers and administrators
“SERRC provided excellent professional training in secondary transitions for our district staff this year. The workshop training provided enriching information beyond the necessary compliance pieces, and teachers who participated unanimously reported that the training was meaningful and motivating.” – Mandy Evans, Sitka Special Education Director
Please let us know how we can assist your Special Education work!