If you’re looking for top-notch out-of-school K-12 tutoring programs with extensive Alaskan experience, SERRC can offer you Alaska Learning Labs.
Out-of-school programs boost student achievement
Children who regularly attend quality programs from 1-4 hours each week have:
- Better attendance, grades and behavior in school (Durlak, Weissberg, & Pachan, 2010)
- Reduced initiation of drug use by 50% if they have participated in early childhood education and afterschool programs. (James Heckman, University of Chicago, 2006)
- Better relationships with students and adults
- More academic and enrichment opportunities
SERRC knows what Alaskan educators need
SERRC can offer you and your students a convenient and effective tutoring program that has a proven track record for success.
- Tutoring is provided after school at your child’s school several days a week in a safe, healthy and supportive learning environment.
- We offer cost-effective programs, with as many or more tutoring hours than other providers.
- Tutors are certificated teachers, often from your student’s school district.
- We provide local programs, developed by local educators. We know what is happening in your school and will make sure our tutoring program supports what happens in your child’s classroom.