1,213 Southeast Alaskans received education and employment services, and 51 volunteers donated 839 hours last year
Under the banner of The Learning Connection, SERRC offers education, job training, and workforce development to help Southeast Alaskans find and keep jobs. Our services are often FREE throughout the region.
- Adult basic education
- Reading, writing and math skills
- GED preparation and testing
- English as a Second Language
- Career and job readiness training
- Computer classes and job search assistance
- Youth job skills and subsidized work placements
- Juneau Construction Academy
- State Training and Employment Program (STEP) in basic construction skills
- Drivers training
- Job training for adults 55+
- Family Learning Center, with adult education and job training, a K-5 after-school homework club, in-school literacy support, family nights, summer camp and preschool activities for children of participating adults.
The Learning Connection operates with generous support and partnership with the Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development, the City and Borough of Juneau, Tlingit and Haida Central Council, the State of Alaska and others.
Supporting grants include Alaska Department of Labor and Workforce Development – Youth WIA, and MASST; and the City and Borough of Juneau Social Services Advisory Board.
SERRC is grateful for Gruening Park Family Learning Center donors: Alaska Children’s Trust, Alaska Housing Development Corporation, United Way, and City and Borough of Juneau, and our many Volunteers.